Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weeding, planting, and a surprise package

Laurie decided to skip the market tonight so we can have a better harvest for Saturdays market.  So we didn't have to pick and wash today.  We started the day off weeding a patch in the back of garden 1.  It was mostly tall grass.  The big patch seemed ominous but with all of us working together it didn't take long. 
Throwing the weeds over the fence
We stopped for a tea break after that and then went out to do some planting.  I planted some peppers out in the freshly weeded area and Kelsey planted chive next to me.  Meanwhile Liz and Sara planted lettuce out in garden 3.
Pepper plants with chive on the left
After lunch I prepped some more beds in garden 2 and the girls planted a few of them.  While we were hard at work I heard Laurie call out that I got a package.  How intriguing.  I finished the section I was working on and ran over to see what it was.




A meatday present from Nate.  It has all the fixins to make Chicago style hot dogs.  It'll be the perfect meal for the 4th of July.


After work we put in one more screen on the camper.  Two down, four to go.


I'll close with today's rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment