Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Deer - 1 , Dave - 0

One thing we've heard a few times out here is "It's not if you hit a deer, it's when you hit a deer".  So after a few close calls my day finally came.  

I was about halfway to work when I passed the second group of deer crossing the road (I didn't hit the first ones).  I had slowed quite a bit but I made contact with the second deer.  I stopped immediately after impact.  Got out of the car but didn't see the deer anywhere.  She was alive enough to disappear.  I grabbed the big chunks out of the road and assessed the car.  The radiator seemed to be fine and the airbags didn't deploy.  So I hopped back in and drove to work.

Aside from being a little shaken up I was fine.  And the car is still works.  Once I got to work it was a little lighter out so I was able to take a better look.  I was also on a side street instead of the highway which helps.  No further damage but I removed the loose pieces so they wouldn't fly off on the way home.
Called the insurance to put in a claim and went to work.  All this before 8 a.m.  Just another rite of passage.

1 comment:

  1. Of course the deer took off, it was drinking. Damn Montana venison

    ReplyDelete