Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm a Montanan

I went down to the MVD (Motor Vehicle Division also known as the DMV in Illinois and BMV in Indiana) yesterday to transfer my drivers license and also to register my new ride.  This turned out to be a little more complicated than I'm used to back in the midwest.


First off I checked the website to see what the deal was.  I got some information but not much.  It said I needed to make an appointment at the Bozeman location.  So a couple weeks ago I had made the appointment for yesterday.  As soon as Liz and I walked in we saw the multiple signs that said "check or cash only no credit cards".  Of course we had neither, so as I waited for my appointment she ran off to find an ATM.


Soon my name was called.  I went to the open station and set down my paperwork.  After explaining what I had come to do I found out that vehicle registration has to be done at the courthouse.  Since I lived in Park County I had to go to the courthouse in Livingston.  I still got a Montana driver's license while I was there but then it was off to Park County.


Once at the courthouse I had to fill out a couple forms.  The staff was very helpful and there was absolutely no wait.  And there I was issued my plates.
So I guess I'm an official resident here now.  Registered to vote and everything.  Go Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment