Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Homemade Falafel

Another Tuesday rolls by.  Started the day picking for the market.  The usual.  We ended up finishing rather early though.  Gave us some time to enjoy the beautiful day.  After wasting some of the afternoon on the computer, I decided to make some falafel for dinner.  I checked the cabinets and it seemed like we had almost everything.  We were however out of onions.  Laurie suggested I get some from the garden.  She had planted some last summer and they were still growing.  So I went out and picked some.
Four small onions from the garden
Surprisingly small for having been in the ground for so long, but they were enough to do the job.  So following a recipe I mixed up a batch of dough (I'm calling it dough).  When it came time to fry them I was excited.  Too bad they didn't stick together at all in the oil.  So it was time for the backup plan.  Preheat oven to 375 and bake them.  They didn't turn out as crispy as I would have like but everyone enjoyed them nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment